Objectives of the project
The main objective of the project is to make an experiment in ODL using the new information and communication technologies, namely computer networks and hy-permedia systems, in order to explore the effectiveness of such an approach.
The experiment will be done separately:
- in five conventional universities where ODL will be used as a complementary instruction delivery technique to lecture based instruction, and
- in two distance learning universities, where ODL will be used as an alternative instruction delivery technique to printed material based instruction.
Other objectives are:
- to exchange information and experience on the use of the new information technologies in ODL;
- to stimulate the use of ODL in conventional as well as in distance learning universities;
- to contribute in the development of the European Dimension in Education;
- to explore the possibility of using ODL as a means of providing learners in one country with access opportunities to education institutions in another country;
- to identify issues in using the new technologies in ODL;
- to suggest ways of resolving these issues.
|© Copyright EONT, 1996
Contact us for any suggestions, comments or ideas.
|Created by: Tasos Koutoumanos
Last updated Wed May 08, 1996 12:03:42 PM GMT+2