This is a list of registered WWW servers alphabetically by continent
country and state. ( About this
New: A summary of the list is available
See also: data available by other
protocols , data by subject , how to make a new server , test servers
, automatically collected list of
Home Pages, What's New, and the clickable world map . If servers are marked "experimental", you should
not expect anything. Please see how to send announcements of new servers (or modify your server's description).
- EMILY (Electronic Membrane-Information Library)
- EMILY was conceived to become the electronic repository
of information on membranes and membrane processes. Essentially
an ftp site, it now has limited WWW capabilities. EMILY is maintained by Quentin Hurt
(firstname.lastname@example.org) as part of a Water Research Commission
- Rhodes University
- Rhodes-specific information, as well
as information relating to networking in Southern
Africa. There is also a link to the ZA news hierarchy. This is *not* officially mandated information.
- Costa Rica's Research Network
- It's experimental but representative for CRNet
(see a sensitive map)
- Commercial Internet service provider in Europe. Includes links to national EUnet Web servers and various other information sources
- The European X User Group
- The collaboration between the national research networks in Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden. (see conference and map)
- Technische Universität
(see a sensitive map)
- Information about the resources found on BELNET, the Belgian
National Research Network
- Free University of Brussels Applied Sciences Faculty
- A server for local information related to the Applied Sciences Faculty
and the VUB in general.
- Free University of Brussels Principia
- We want to integrate
the whole of human knowledge in a
simple, universal and easy-to-use
- Free University of Brussels Info-Groep
- Info-Groep support group's WWW-server at Brussels Free University.
- Service for Telematic and Communication (Service Telematique et Communication)
- Brussels University
Croatia (see a sensitive map)
- University of Zagreb:
See Danish Information servers accessible via WWW, Gopher or telnet
- Institute of Physics (Division
of Elementary Particle Physics),
Academy of Sciences, Prague.
- Aalborg University
- AUC campus wide information system.
- The Computer Science Department of Aarhus University.
- Damgaard International A/S
- A commercial software house, developing
and marketing several different applications for business administration purposes.
- Information about the resources found on DENet, the Danish Network for
Research and Education.
- Denmark's Technical Library
- The DTB information service includes the
ALIS library database.
- The Danish part of EUnet.
- Department of Computer Science, Technical University of Denmark.
- MI - Institute of Mathematics, University of Aarhus
- Information about and specific to the Institute of Mathematics.
- Estonian Research and Education network
- Tartu University Library
Other research and educational entities
(see also a sensitive map)
- Centre Charles Hermite - Centre Lorrain de Compétence en Modélisation et Calcul à Hautes Performances - Nancy
- Centre de Calcul de Saint-Jerome - Marseille
- Centre de Données astronomiques de Strasbourg
- Centre d'Études de la Navigation Aérienne, Athis-Mons
- Centre d'Études de la Navigation Aérienne, Toulouse
- Centre d'Études et de Recherches de Toulouse
- Centre Interuniversitaire de Calcul de Grenoble
- Centre Interuniversitaire de Calcul de Toulouse
- Centre Interuniversitaire de traitement de l'Information - université René Descartes - Paris
- Centre de coopération Internationale en Recherche Agronomique pour le Développement - Montpellier
- Centre Inter-universitaire de Ressources Informatiques de Lorraine
- Centre International de Rencontres Mathematiques de Marseille
- Conservatoire National des Arts
- C.R. Aquitaine
- Conseil Régional d'Aquitaine - Bordeaux
- Présentation des services du Centre National Universitaire Sud de Calcul - Montpellier
- Centre de Physique
des Particules de Marseille
- Centre de Physique Théorique, Marseille
- CRI Rennes 1
- Centre de Ressources Informatiques de l'université de Rennes1 (prototype).
- Centre de Ressources Informatiques de Haute Normandie
- DESS G.L.
- D.E.S.S. de Génie Logiciel - UFR de Mathématiques-Informatique,
université Bordeaux 1
- École pour les Études et la Recherche en Informatique et Électronique - Nimes
- E.M. Nancy
- École des Mines de Nancy
- École Nationale Supérieure de Cachan
- École Normale Supérieure de Paris
- École National Supérieure d'Électrotechnique, d'Électronique, d'Informatique et d'Hydraulique de Toulouse
- École Nationale Supérieure d'Électronique et
de Radioélectricité de Bordeaux
- Laboratoire de
Physique Théorique de l'École Normale Supérieure de Lyon
- École Nationale Supérieure des Télécommunications, Paris
- École Nationale Supérieure de Télécommunications de Bretagne, Brest
- École Superieure d'Ingénieurs en Informatique, Marseille
- École Supérieure en Sciences Informatiques - Sophia-Antipolis
- European Synchrotron Radiation Facility, Grenoble
- École d'Architecture de Marseille-Luminy
- Groupement De Recherche 1000, Biologie Structurale et Microbiologie, Marseille
- Centre de Recherche sur le Génome Humain - Evry
- Institut de la Communication Parlée, Grenoble
- Institut d'Études Politiques - Lyon
- Institut de Géodynamique de l'université de Bordeaux 3
- Institut National de Physique Nucléaire et de Physique des Particules, Lyon
- Institut National de Recherche
- Institut National de Recherche
en Informatique et Automatique
- Institut National des Sciences Appliquées de Lyon
- Institut National des Sciences Appliquées de Toulouse
- Institut National des Télécommunications
- Institut de Physique Nucléaire de Lyon
- Institut Supérieur d'Informatique et d'Automatique, Nice
- Laboratoire Bordelais de Recherche en Informatique
- Laboratoire de Cristallographie et de Physique Cristalline, Bordeaux
- L.I. Bordeaux I
- Licence d'Informatique de l'université Bordeaux I
- CRIN + INRIA Lorraine - Nancy
- Laboratoire de Recherche en Informatique, Université Paris Sud
- Laboratoire Système de Perception, Arcueil
- M.I. Bordeaux 1
- Maîtrise d'Informatique, université Bordeaux 1
- Institut Laue Langevin, Grenoble
- Oléane -- Groupe Apysoft (opérateur de services d'accès à l'Internet)
- Pôle Bioinformatique de Villejuif
- Ce serveur regroupe un ensemble de bases de données de biologie moléculaire
et de génome ainsi que des programmes d'analyses
- Association RESUS, université de Luminy, Marseille
- SUPELEC Gif
- École Supérieure d'Électricité, Gif
- SUPELEC Metz
- École Supérieure d'Électricité, Metz
- SUPELEC Rennes
- École Supérieure d'Électricité, Rennes
- Univ. Bordeaux I
- Université Bordeaux I
- Univ. Lumière
- Université Lumière - Lyon 2
- Univ. Montaigne
- Université Michel de Montaigne - Bordeaux 3
- Univ. Jean Monnet
- Université Jean Monnet - Saint-Etienne
- Univ. Rabelais
- Université François Rabelais - Tours
- Université de Nice-Sophia Antipolis
- Université de Pau
- Biométrie, Génétique et Biologie des Populations, Lyon
- Unité REsaux du CNRS
- FORTH - ICS
- FOundation for Research and Technology - Hellas.
An experimental service offered by FORTHnet. Offers information on
Internetworking and other activities with which FORTH is involved.
Provides information from FORTH considered of interest and relevence
to the Internet community mainly in Greece. (Information is intended to be representative of our organization)
(see sensitive map)
- Technical University of Budapest, Process Control Department
- Agricultural Biotechnology Center, Godollo
- Broadcom Eireann Research Ltd.
Information on the various projects Broadcom is involved in. Other
- Irish Literature archive
- Dublin City
Information on the
School of Computer Applications and the
Centre for Software Engineering
- IONA Technologies Ltd.
- info about
their Object Request Broker software
product and some bits and pieces
of Irish news.
Not much information yet. Links to HEANET FTP and Gopher services.
- Networking Information regarding
Ireland, and Links to the rest of
- Ireland Online
A GNN Mirror site.
- Trinity College Dublin
- University College Cork
Campus Information. Academic Information.
College Galway (James Hardiman Library)
Under development. Some Library Information.
- University College Dublin
Information about University College Dublin. Under construction,
this server aims to provide general information about UCD, information
about faculties and courses, and information about projects which
various departments are undertaking.
- University of Limerick
on Natural Language Processing and
some research projects in the Department
of Computer Science and Information
Systems. Also a list of WWW research information.
- CITBB - Center for Biomedical and Biophysical Technologies, University
- Databases and free software related to Biophysical research
(PDB, rendering of proteins), links to related info-server.
- CNR - ARM Italian National Research Council - Milan Research Area
- This is the main WWW server of CNR in Milan. It provide information
about the Institute and research Centre of CNR in Milan.
Also you can find a map of NIR tools (Gopher and WWW) in Italy
- software produced by National Research Council's Project
"Sistemi Informatici e Calcolo Parallelo"; software and documentation
produced by SASIAM/Tecnopolis. (*not* officially mandated nor representative)
- CRS4: Centre for Advanced Studies Research and Development in
Sardinia (Cagliari, Italy).
It's an interdisciplinary research centre developing advanced
simulation techniques and applying
them, by means of high performance computers, to the solution of large
scale computational problems in
- Centro Supercalcolo Piemonte (Piedmont Supercomputing Center), located
- International Centre for Theoretical
- ELETTRA Trieste home page
- It provides a description of the facility, a description
of the town, the current schedule, the phone book, hyperlinks to other HEP facilities.
- Istituto Nazionale di Fisica Nucleare (Italian
National Institute for Nuclear Physics) Top-Level Server. The information in the server and the server itself is officially mandated by INFN
- INFN (Sezione di Trieste)
- National Institute for Nuclear Physics, in Trieste -
- NRC Research Area of Florence
- National Research Council: Research area documents about activity and
NRC institutes of Florence. Especially regarding physics, biology, remote-sensing, informatics
legal, agriculture and chemicals matters.
- Astronomical Observatory of Trieste
- Full description of the activities carried out by SASIAM,
school for advanced studies in industrial and applied mathematics.
Access to parallel programs developed by National Research
Council's Project "Sistemi Informatici e Calcolo Paralello
", subprg. 1 . (the information is representative of SASIAM)
- Oss. Astronomico
- This Server provide information about Astronomical Researches and local
- Osservatorio di Arcetri
- This is the home page of the Arcetri's Astronomical
Observatory. You'll find here general information on the
Observatory (including traveller's info) and a survey of
- SISSA - ISAS
- Scuola Internazionale Superiore di Studi Avanzati - Trieste. This is an experimental http server for the physics e-print archives on babbage.
- University of Bologna Library Center
- It should
reach full operative status in a few months, featuring gateways to the
Hytelnet database and to the local cataloging and text retrieval systems.
(experimental in nov 93)
- Universita' degli Studi di Napoli "Federico II", Dipartimento di Scienze Fisiche AND
INFN (Istituto Nazionale di Fisica Nucleare), Sezione di Napoli
- institutions officially represented by the server
- University of Parma
- There are some pieces of
information about the town, about the University and
about scientici activiy in Physics and Engineering (for the
time being). In the near future we shall host a virtual museum
about XXth Century in Italy (life and arts) and a modern
music presentation by "Ensemble Var\`ese".
- The University of Pisa, Radiology Department WWW server
- It is located at the
Radiology Department of the University of Pisa. It contains a large
collection of diagnostic images (RM, TC, X-ray, echo, etc), together
with documentation about them, plus some interactive services. It will
be in continuous evolution.
- Univ. Pisa
- Also see physics department
and Department of Computer Science
- CAOS/CAMM Center, the Dutch National Expertise Center for
Computer Aided Chemistry and BioInformatics
- The CAOS/CAMM WWW-server provides an overview of the available
online services (software & databases), network services,
courses, hardware and personel. (Mandated by the CAOS/CAMM)
- Center for Mathematics and Computer
- Eindhoven Univ. of Technology
Eindhoven Technical University. Specific
servers for Math and Comp. Sci, Elec.
Eng Design Automation, Electrical
- The Dutch High-Energy Physics
center. (Replaces nic.nikhef.nl server)
- Kernfysisch Versneller Instituut
(nuclear physics accelerator institute),
Groningen, Netherlands. VMS server.
- European IP group.
- The TRESE Project
- at the SETI
Group of the Department of Computer Science of the University of
Twente in the Netherlands.
- TU Delft"
- Delft University of Technology.
- Ananse International Trade Law
- International Trade Law. We also provide local information on the Law Faculty of the University of Tromsoe. What we intend to do. (under construction in dec 93).
- BIBSYS is a shared library database for Norwegian Universities and
other research libraries, and the National Library.
- Department of Informatics, University of Bergen
- Official server for the department and Para//ab.
- University of Oslo
- Official server for the University of Oslo.
- University of Bergen
- Official server for the University of Bergen.
- University of Trondheim
- Official server for the University of Trondheim.
- The Ludvigsen Residence
- Even though there is good reason to believe that great efforts will be
made at creating lucrative markets for variations on arcade games and
similar forms of entertainment, the fear should not be that vast
sections of the public will inevitably become vegetables.
- Oslonett, Inc.
- The WWW server has some company information, but is for most devoted to
meta-resources and pointers to Internet based information around the world.
The server is an official distribution for the HTML version of Big Dummys
Guide to The Internet. The information is officially mandated
- The SINTEF Group
- Official server for the Foundation for Scientific and Industrial
Research at the Norwegian Institute of Technology. It contains information
about SINTEF's organizational units, and their topics of
research: mainly technology, but also natural sciences, medicine,
and the social sciences.
- University of Tromsoe
- The nothernmost university of the world!
- Oppland College
Norway, Oppland County
Official server for Oppland College, Lillehammer.
Information on this server is officially mandated and it offers basic
information about the school, the curriculum, the people and some of the
special projects here.
Keywords: multimedia, media, social sciences, management, politics.
(Instituto Nacional de Engenharia de Sistemas e Computadores)
Grupo de Sistemas de Informaçăo
Laboratório Nacional de Engenharia Civil
- Universidade de Coimbra
Universidade de Lisboa
Faculdade de Cięncias
Universidade do Minho.
CWIS - Campus-Wide Information System
Departamento de Informática
(Computer Science Department)
provides information about the department, research projects,
undergraduate and graduate courses, seminars, and other stuff.
Centro de Informática
Universidade Nova de Lisboa
The WWW service of the
Faculdade de Cięncias e Tecnologia contains a lot of
internal information about FCT-UNL, such as: General
informations, bibliographic references, Phone book service,
Photos of the campus, etc. (ref. on
- The WWW service of
Informatica - Faculdade de Cięncias e Tecnologia is
maintaned in cooperation with our gopher service.
It is an experimental service that maintais some internal information
of DI/FCT/UNL, and some other references.
Universidade do Porto
- Moscow State University
- The server provides information on the Lomonosov Moscow State University, starting
points to other WWW servers in the university, software archive etc.
- Physics Department of Moscow State University (MSU) WWW server
- Server provides information about Physics Department of
Moscow State University , links to other W3 servers at MSU,
popular Internet sites in Russia.
- Skobeltsyn Institute of Nuclear Physics, Moscow State
Home page contains information about the institute, its
scientific research activity and experiments conducted by
- Window-to-Russia (TM) is a Moscow-based project by Relcom
Corporation, initiated to give the worldwide network community
the means of WWW access to the variety of information resources
from and about Russia.
- J. Stefan Institute - Ljubljana
- Information about the J. Stefan Institute
(departments, contacts, scientific papers, ...)
- Univ. of Ljubljana, Department of Civil Engineering and Geodesy
- Site under construction; TBA: Civil Engineering and Architectural
Topics, Computer Integrated Construction (CIC) Resources, locally
written papers, student projects, pointers to civ.eng. and
architectural internet sites.
- University of Maribor
- Information about the University of Maribor
(faculties, institutes, curriculae and research programmes,
- Centro de Cálculo Científico de la Universidad de Córdoba.
University of Cordoba (UCO).
- General information about the city of Cordoba (tourism, History, culture, society, etc).
Access to X.500 (important for us) and other
Publications and scientific papers from this University.
In short there will be the 'Guide to The University of Cordoba'.
Lists software installed in this Center for Scientific
The information is officially mandated and representative of the University of Cordoba.
- Universidad del Pais Vasco (UPV/EHU), Campus de Gipuzkoa.
Facultad de Informática de San Sebastián.
- Acceso al Gopher de la Universidad del Pais Vasco.
Acceso a los servidores de ficheros ftp-anonymous del
Campus de Gipuzkoa y de Lejona (Bizkaia).
Obtencion de informacion acerca de los proyectos en
desarrollo dentro de la Facultad de Informática de
Informacion en general acerca de la UPV/EHU.
Includes not officially mandated information about the University.
Experimental in March 94.
- University of Zaragoza. Dpto. de
- Goya Servicios Telemáticos. Goya/EUnet Spain.
- Fundacion para el Desarrollo de la Funcion Social de las
Comunicaciones. Contains IT related documentation.
- University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria. GIAS Group WWW Server.
- This Server at "Universidad de Las Palmas de Gran Canaria" contains information
related to G.I.A.S. Group. Also includes not officially mandated information
about the University. Experimental in March 94.
- Universitat Jaume I. Department of Education.
- The Department of Education of the Universitat Jaume I, Castello. (Spain). Exprimental in Sep 93.
- Dpto. de Física Moderna de la Universidad de Cantabria (UNICAN). Department of Modern Physics (UNICAN).
- Information about topics of interest for our Department.
Guided access pages to other WWW-servers of interest.
Information about the www-servers in Spain.
Information searching services.
Local page for access to Medical and Biosciences services.
Miscellaneous info, as the first available 'Dogs W3 server' on the Web: includes Spanish Breeds promotion.
The information is officially mandated and representative of our
- Chalmers Univ of Technology
to other servers at Chalmers and
to the Round Table project, most
information is in swedish.
- Linköping University's Lysator
fiction archives, MUDs, etc etc
- Swedish Universities Network
information center. Provisional,
some pointers to Swedish stuff.
- Lulea University
- LUDD (Lulea Academic
Computer Society) has an automatic
FAQ-hierarchy , and an archie interface
to the local archie.luth.se service.
- Faculty of Arts, Gothenburg University
- The purpose of this server is to provide information within the
- The Royal Institute of Technology
in Stockholm. See also their Department of Teleinformatics
- University of Lund
- Lund University
- Computer society at Uppsala University with a quest to collect
- The X-Ray Server
- This server is dedicated to providing information of interest to
the XUV and X-ray spectroscopic community. It currently makes
available a database of atomic scattering factors and a biblio-
graphy and database of molecular core-edge excitation spectra.
- CERN news
- Various groups, some more
active than others - see the full
- CERN computing documents
- A keyword
- ASIS Software Repository
- A server
for public domain and CERN software
for distribution to CERN members
only. The documentation is public.
- CA Detector Design
- Computer Aideed
Detector Design support
- CERN general information
- W3 support
for withing CERN and info about CERN,
and W3 fledglings.
- The DELPHI Experiment
- DELPHI (DEtector
with Lepton, Photon and Hadron Identification) is one of the 4 big LEP experiments
- RD13 documentation
- Documents for
the RD13 group
- Hytelnet gateway
- Server for Peter
Scott's "hytelnet" databse of telnet
- SCI project
- Scalable Coherent Interconnect
development. Under construction in
- TechInfo gateway
- Several CWISs available
- Software Technology
- Information from
STING organised by Mike Sendall.
- VXCRNA help
- The VMS help tree on
node vxcrna.cern.ch .
- WorldWideWeb support
about W3 itself, CERN entry point,
and web overviews.
- University of Geneva
- TECFA, Technologies de
Formation et Apprentissage.
- CUI, Centre Universitaire
- ExPASy, the ExPASy molecular
- EPFL, Ecole polytechnique federale de Lausanne, Swiss Federal Institute of
Technology in Lausanne
- LIT, Laboratoire d'Informatique Technique.
Their various research projects are
concerned with CNS, FIP, object-oriented
- GERMINAL: Our document describes the activities
of the research project GERMINAL, concerning GIS for environmental
management and planning.
- Eidgenoessische Technische Hochschule, Zurich, Switzerland
- Entry point to ETHZ's growing web, ETHZ Phone Book and Email directory, ETHZ Main Library access. (Official)
- European Crystallography Committee
- crystallography information
- Official WWW server for EUnet Switzerland
- European Molecular Biology Network information
- is the entry point to a commonwealth of information on EMBnet, the European
Molecular Biology Network, its services and projects, its history and members.
See also EMBnet Switzerland.
- LESO-PB: Laboratoire d'Énergie Solaire et de Physique du Bâtiment
(Solar Energy and Building Physics Laboratory)
- Various information about our research activities and
the software we are developing and distributing.
- Institut Universitaire de Hautes Etudes Internationales -
The Graduate Institute of International Studies
- University of Zurich, Switzerland
- Entry point to the growing web at the University of Zurich.
Site-related information and services provided by Departments of
- Univ Zuerich Institut fuer Informatik
- World Health Organization (experimental in feb 94)
- The WWW Server of the Institute for Informatics and
Applied Mathematics (IAM) of the University of Berne
- Provides information about the institute, the
departments of the insitute, persons, projects ....
(most of the information is in german)
(see also a sensitive map, and a country guide to the UK)
Anglia Polytechnic University.
an experimental server of
ULTRALAB software and information; general interest stuff; experimental areas.
ULTRALAB is a learning technology research centre, so the server will be of
particular interest to everyone in the learning/teacher training/educational
A commercial server holding advertisers WWW documents.
University of Bath
General information about the University of Bath. (Still under development.)
This is the BBC Networking Club WWW server.
Bulletin Board for Libraries (BUBL) Information Service
Academic Information Service
Library and Information Science
on BUBL and the
- a long (unsorted) list of interesting web links.
Birkbeck College, University of London.
The University of Birmingham.
School of Computer Science
Degree & course programmes, current research details and
information about the School of Computer Science. Also a
Birmingham visitors' guide and other local information.
University of Cambridge.
University of Cambridge Computer Laboratory
maintains links to all known Cambridge information servers.
Institute of Astronomy, Royal Greenwich Observatory and
Mullard Radio Astronomy Observatory.
School of Biological Science
This server provides a wide variety of links to useful information
resources for biologists. In addition, it supports a BLAST gateway for
sequence database similarity searching.
The Cambridge Crystallographic Data Centre
providing information relating to the Cambridge Structural Database
documentation in HTML format
Also a slowly growing
Centre for Atmospheric Science (Chemistry)
Provides information relating to the Centre (general info, seminars,
publications etc), information on the UK Universities Global Atmospheric
Modelling Programme (general, data, software) via links to the anon. ftp
server at caesar.atm.ch.cam.ac.uk.
contains links to many other information sources
relevant to control around the world, including ftp servers and
web servers containing technical reports and papers.
It also contains some recent papers and Ph.D. theses by members of
the control group here.
We have the first
on the web so you can see how full it is
and hence whether it is worth visiting it :-)
The City University, London. Contains links to other services and
maps of the area and the campus.
Contains information about the department and the School of
CityScape Internet Services Ltd.
Guides to CityScape products, their headquarters and their newletter.
Also their pub guide for Cambridge.
University Postgraduate prospectus, Research Directory, and local information
on computing services.
Based near Warrington in north west England. It provides research facilities
for academic and industrial users from the UK and other countries. These
- a 2 GeV synchrotron radiation source;
- advanced computing facilities, including parallel computers;
- RUSTI, the Research Unit for Surfaces, Transforms and Interfaces.
Department of Mathematical Sciences
Information and links of general interest to Mathematicians /
Theoretical Physicists / Statisticians.
University of Exeter.
Department of Computer Science
has research papers, postgraduate study details and
University of East Anglia.
Frontline Distribution Ltd
Frontline are one of the UK's largest TRADE distributors of computer
hardware, software and services to the UK's computer reseller community.
The HEPDATA High-Energy Physics database of published numerical results
organised by Mike Whalley.
Institute for Computer-Based Learning
includes a description of ICBL and its
Also available is access to information being provided as a
Telework Tele-Training Trial
University of Hull.
New (Jan 94) server.
Hillside Systems & Berkeley Software Design International (Europe) Ltd.
The server at Hillside has technical information and a European order form
for the BSD/386 UNIX-like operating system for 386, 486 and Pentium PC's.
BSD/386 hypertext manual pages and a current patch set for BSD/386 V1.1 are
also available. You can use
to get the data too. You will find a full list of titles
for Peter Collinson's SunExpert and EXE articles.
Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales, Accounting Information Service.
The "Summa" Project.
This is the site of a World Wide Web information server for Accounting
Academics, students and professionals. The service is funded by a grant
from the Research Committee of the ICAEW. It is at present sited at the
University of Exeter, Devon, UK. The Director of the project is Mr. Barry
Imperial College, University of London.
Department of Computing
Has information about the department
and the src.doc.ic.ac.uk
(include archie scanning), the current UK weather and links
to all other departmental WWW and other IC information servers.
Centre For Computing Services
offering information about IC, Computing
facilities, and other local information.
Department of Chemistry
For details of this department its staff, facilities and courses.
World Association of Theoretical Organic Chemists.
Department of Physics
Has information about the department including an annual report of its
research activities, undergraduate and postgraduate student information
and references to other information of interest to physicists.
Theoretical Physics Group
The server contains infomration on the IC Theoretical Physics Group,
as well as links to an FTP server containing recent preprints from
members of the group. There are also a number of links to sites of
interest to Theoretical Physicists, including all the known UK
Theoretical Physics Groups. We also include all the known servers at
Condensed Matter Theory Group
Has information on the group and its research activities, including a
library of published papers, and other information of interest to
Condensed Matter theorists.
Space and Atmospheric Physics Group
University of Kent at Canterbury
Kings College, London.
Image Processing Group in the Department of Physics
This is a new, experimental, service.
High Performance Networks and Distributed Systems archive.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ's) and other assorted material related to
supporting Apple Macintoshes.
Mailbase is the national electronic mailing list service for the
UK academic and research community.
It runs over 500 lists on a wide range of subjects with over 40,000
The Mailbase WWW allows access to the archives and memberships of
the public lists on the system.
University of Manchester.
University of Newcastle.
A server for NEXUS, the UK network of student physics societies.
full hypertext archie gateways
University of Nottingham.
Communications Research Group
Information on the Department of Computer Science and the
Communications Research Group. Also includes an
archie gateway, and UK independent music scene information base.
University of Oxford.
The Public IP Exchange.
The Rutherford Appleton Lab, UK. Admin: email@example.com.
An information source of the UK SuperJANET project. (under
construction in Oct 93)
The University of Sheffield
is pleased to announce a WWW server based at its Academic Computing Services.
Currently there is information from:
University of Southampton.
University of St Andrews, Scotland.
is part of a multi-site ESPRIT funded project on
database programming languages. This site provides information about
project members and access to a number of papers about persistence and the
database programming languages PS-algol and Napier88.
University of Strathclyde.
This is run by the Computer Centre. Lists courses offered by the
Centre, centrally managed clusters and contains links to other WWW
servers on campus.
University of Sunderland.
Experimental in August 93.
University of Surrey.
The Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering
Contains information about the department and its reseach. Also
Science Fiction TV series Guides
University of Sussex.
School of Cognitive and Computing Sciences
This is a general information server about COGS. There is access to
the anonymous FTP site giving access to COGS research papers.
Also an index of the School's
of Seminars and other events at the School a
depicting members of the School.
University of Wales, College of Cardiff.
Department of Computing Mathematics (COMMA)
University of Ulster.
Faculty of Informatics
This server provides information on the staff and research interests
of the Informatics Staff of the Faculty of Informatics at Coleraine.
This information is officially mandated and is representative
of our organisation.
Warwick Information WWW Service with lots of info
about the University and things relating to it.
WWW Service for Nurses.
Law Technology WWW
Experimental service linking to other WWW/gopher sites.
- The Office for Library and Information Networking.
Links to various library related services.
University College, London.
Department of Computer Science
including info on
(Multimedia Integrated Conferencing for
European Researchers) and the
Also see our
guide to the UK.
University of Wolverhampton
School of Computing and Information Technology
with information about the School, user information and acces to their
British Columbia / Colombie Britannique:
New / Nouveau Brunswick:
Newfoundland / Terre-Neuve:
- There are no WWW servers currently registered in Newfoundland.
- Il n'existe aucun serveur WWW présentement à Terre-Neuve.
Nova Scotia / Nouvelle-Ecosse:
Ontario (Eastern / Est):
Ontario (Southern / Sud):
Prince Edward Island / Ile du Prince Edouard:
- There are no WWW servers currently registered on Prince Edward Island.
- Il n'existe aucun serveur WWW présentement à l'Ile du Prince Edouard.
Northwest Territories / Territoires du Nord-Ouest:
- There are no WWW servers currently registered in the Northwest Territories
- Il n'existe aucun serveur WWW présentement dans les Territoires du Nord-Ouest.
- There are no WWW servers currently registered in Yukon.
- Il n'existe aucun serveur WWW présentement au Yukon
Oversea Locations / Sites outre-mer:
(see also a sensitive map)
(see Federal government servers)
- Universidad de las Americas
- Located in central Mexico, it provides information about our
university. It includes some electronic publications, academic staff
lists, student information and more. Also, links to other servers in
Mexico are available.
- Universidad de Guadalajara
Provides oficial information about our University: history, academic
information, and general features. Our server also containts information
about our country: art, culture and folklore. Also are available links to
servers in Mexico and other interesting home pages.
- ITESM Campus Monterrey
This Mosaic Server provides information about the ITESM University,
Campus Monterrey. It includes news about ITESM Computer Services,
information about the ITESM Monterrey Campus Information Center-Library,
electronics publications and student information. Also, links to other
servers in Mexico and U.S.A.
Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon
It provides general information about the Universidad Autonoma de
Nuevo Leon and direct access to the institution's gopher.
The University's BBS and turistic information about the Nuevo Leon
state will be available soon.
- Alabama Supercomputer Network
- CCIT Arizona
- University of Arizona
- National Optical Astronomy Observatories
(experimental in sep 93)
- The RTD Web Server
- Contains information on local access provider services as well as
the home pages for several businesses advertising through RTD. This is the official server for RTD Systems & Networking, Inc.
- College of Business WWW
Server at the University of Central Arkansas
- The server maintains information for the undergarduate business program
well as information about the mba program at our college. We are also
promoting publications, articles, electronic text books, by the faculty
business through this server. Other information maintained by the
server is international student application procedure etc.
- Association of Bay Area Governments
- The ATM Forum
- A world-wide organization aimed at promoting ATM within the industry and the end-user community.
- Beckemeyer Development, Oakland.
- Engineering services, networking services, and computer products world-wide.
- Berkeley Software Design, Inc.
- California Institute of Technology, Pasadena.
- Digital Equipment Corporation
- Product information Technical overviews, performance summaries, software product descriptions, whitepapers, the Networks Buyers Guide, the Systems and Options Catalog, and back issues of the Digital Technical Journal.
- Digital Corporate Research provides research reports , and archives of public domain software and documentation from both the Internet community and DEC.
- Virtual Tourist A nice collection of general information about California.
- Enterprise Integration Technologies
- An R&D and consulting company specializing in information technology for electronic commerce, collaborative engineering and agile manufacturing.
- Environmental Scorecard
- The Environmental Scorecard rates members of the United States House and Senate according to their voting records on critical environmental issues for the past year, and also gives environmental "scores" for regional and state delegations. We include photos of all members of Congress.
- The Exploratorium
- Museum of science, art, and human perception located in the Marina district of San Francisco. Over 650 interactive, hands-on, exhibits.
- Farallon Computing, Inc., Alameda.
- News on Farallon products, including EtherWave and TImbuktu; detailed specifications on current products; photographs, screen shots, network diagrams; free trial software versions; product technical notes; and more.
- Global Network Navigator
- Global Network Navigator is dedicated to helping you explore the information resources of the global network. You'll find news, reviews, feature articles, advice, commentary and interactive navigational guides.
- Global Village Communication, Mountain View.
- We develop Macintosh communications products.
- The Human Factor, Santa Cruz.
- Electronic Storefronts, free pictures, movies, and sounds. Free pages offered to non-profit organizations.
- Hyperion, Mountain View.
- "The Lurker's Guide to Babylon 5" and assorted other documents.
- Internet Computer Index
- An easy-to-use, free service that leads Internet users to Usenet news groups, mailing lists, Gopher and World Wide Web servers, anonymous FTP sites, and other Internet-specific resources relating to PCs, Macintoshes, and Unix computers.
- Internet Distribution Services
- IDS provides electronic publishing and distribution of catalogs and product information. We operate WWW, WAIS, Gopher, Anonymous FTP and Listserv's to distribute information on the Internet.
- General Information about the Internet.
- La Jolla Cancer Research Foundation
- The new WWW server is still under construction, but come and visit!! Information about seminars and events at the Foundation and much more will be available soon.
- Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory
- Human Genome Center Information about projects in Biology, Informatics and Instrumentation, photos of LBL's robotic instruments, sample computer screens, and online access to one LBL genomic database. Also a Biologist's Web Resource, with pointers to many Web sources of particular interest to biologists.
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- LLNL is a national resource whose mission areas address a broad spectrum of evolving national needs, including national security, energy, the environment, health and biomedicine, economic competitiveness, and science and math education.
- Lumina Decision Systems, Inc.
- A computer software and services company that develops and
markets state-of-the-art software for modeling and decision support.
- McDonnell Douglas Aerospace, Long Beach.
- Mother Jones
- A U.S. magazine publishing exposes and progressive political commentary, All of 1993 issues, full text and covers (more images soon).
- Dryden Flight Research Center
- This server provides information on flight research being conducted at Dryden FRC. Some historical information is available. Also on-line is the NASA Dryden Technical Report Server.
- Planetary Data System
- The Planetary Data System (PDS) archives and distributes digital data from past and present NASA planetary missions, astronominal observations, and laboratory measurements. This server provides access to PDS catalogs and on-line systems, the Planetary Science Data Dictionary, and other PDS information.
- Naval Surface Warfare Center, Port Hueneme.
- Provides information on NETSYS network services as well as real time weather imagery (GOES) directly downlinked from equipment in our facility. Heavily commercial oriented.
- Nine Lives Quality Consignment Clothing
- An Electronic Storefront in the San Francisco bay area. The server is designed as an inventory browser using Mosaic Forms, and is available only during the middle of the day Pacific Time.
- O'Reilly Associates, Publisher.
- City of Palo Alto
- Information about city government, schools, climate, geography (with maps), demographics, etc.
- Palo Alto (commerce pilot) This pilot server supports the Chamber of Commerce, Historical Association, and Future Fantasy, a Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Mystery bookstore. (You can browse the inventory and place orders.)
- Planet Earth
- Nice-looking virtual library.
- San Francisco State University
- So far, the server is for demonstration purposes.
- The Santa Cruz Operation, Inc.
- Provides UNIX operating systems and related solutions to the PC industry. The home page provides access to the company overview, products, services, 3rd party applications, and more.
- Santa Rosa Junior College, Journalism Department
- Silicon Graphics, Inc.
- Silicon Surf is your source for the most current information about our
company, products, and technology.
- SRI International
- Stanford University
- The University includes the Schools of Education, Engineering, Humanities and Sciences, Law, and Medicine, as well as the Graduate School of Business and numerous Centers and Institutes.
- Center for Design Research
The CDR explores the application of new computer technologies in support of collaborative design. A wide array of research projects is described. Experimental in Jan 94.
- Don Geddis' Personal server Text: Humor; Hypertext: Aiki Jujitsu; Code: DTP theorem prover.
- Stanford Linear Accelerator HEP preprints database and LOTS more.
- SUIF Compiler Group Includes a wide range of technical papers on compilation techniques, complete information about the release of the SUIF parallelizing compiler, and other software.
- U.S.-Japan Technology Management Center Notable offerings include: Silicon Valley area and Stanford U.S.-Japan programs and events, Internet X-Guide to Japan Information, Japan Industr y and Technology Management Training Program (JITMT) Universities Pro gram Guide, very comprehensive lists of Internet- connected organizations (WWW, gopher, ftp) in Japan today.
- University of California
- A List of University of California servers
- The home page offers access to the many WWW-accessible resources at Berkeley.
- Bisexual/Lesbian/Gay/Queer WWW Site Information of interest to b/l/gs at UC Berkeley, in the Bay Area, and throughout the world.
- Center for EUV Astrophysics Extreme UltraViolet Explorer satellite data and status information.
- Department of Nuclear Engineering Provides information about the department, faculty, research projects (fusion, computational neutronics, nuclear materials, thermal hydraulics, and radioactive waste management), degree programs, courses, costs/financial and other stuff. Full papers and reports are available on-line.
- Museum of Paleontology A fairly large and still growing exhibit entitles "History of Life" and a smaller exhibit of the Paleontologoical Institute of Russia.
- Dept. of ICS Includes information about UCI and the ICS Department and pointers to other UCI resources. Home of the Cyberspace Report radio program.
- Los Angeles
- Santa Barbara
- Instructional Development We offer Consulting, Technology and Production services to the campus, with the goal of improving classrooms, lectures, testing procedures, etc. We also maintain a W3 Gateway to UCSB Information Servers.
- Microcomputer Lab The MCL runs five instructional labs dedicated to enhancing the learning experience of UCSB students. Classes using the labs vary in subject matter and are not limited to traditional computer courses. Our server contains instructional content for courses using the lab as well as links to general UCSB information.
- Xerox Palo Alto Research Center
- Information about Zocalo Design and Zocalo Engineering, as well as links to other interesting WWW information resources, both local and remote.
- Space Environment Laboratory, NOAA
- SEL provides near real-time monitoring and forecasting of the environment
between the sun and the earth. Our server features current solar imagery,
xray plots from GOES satellites, and forecast of solar-terrestrial conditions.
- The Astrophysics Data System
is a NASA-sponsored program which
offers a novel approach to dealing
with huge quantities of geographically
distributed and heterogeneous data
from a broad range of astrophysics
- Ellery Systems, Inc.
- Contains information
both about our company and our distributed
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- NREL's server provides information about the laboratory and its research.
You can access information on renewable energy research, development, and
applications; accumulated energy data and resource maps; publications;
business and job opportunities; and links and directions to other energy
- The National Center for Atmospheric
Research (NCAR), is an NSF-funded
supercomputing center and a member
of the National Conortia for High
- The National Geophysical Data Center
- WWW, Gopher, and Anonymous-FTP services providing data, meta-data,
information in solid earth geophysics, marine geology/geophysics, solar-
terrestrial physics, paleoclimatology, and glaciology.
- University of Colorado at Boulder
- You can (soon) find out a lot of
what's going on at the University of Colorado at Boulder and the
- XOR Network Engineering
- a company
that provices a full range of network
engineering and system support services.
- Bristol Technology Inc.
- Bristol offers software products for developers.
- Central Connecticut State University Library WWW Server
- Provides information on Connecticut Internet Resources,
local campus information, and Conn. State University
Officially recognized and supported by the University.
- Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, Wesleyan University
- personal information on students and faculty, papers and projects,
local happenings, and general info of interest to the mathematical
and CS communities.
- PC Lube and Tune
- Tutorials and articles on PC hardware, communications, networks,
and operating systems. The objective is to use Web technology to introduce
or document more complicated PC topics to the ordinary users of the Internet. This is not an official project of Yale university.
- Spirit of UConn
- Library resources with various CDROM archives and
GIS/Census database. Home of ArchNet, an archaeological resource focusing on Northeastern
United States archaeology
- Trinity College
- There are many things on this server, most notable of which is the Trincoll
Journal - a multimeda magazine.
- United Technologies Research Center
- The UTRC WWW server provides published papers, job postings,
and information about United Technologies Research Center.
- University of Connecticut Health
- Center for Neuroscience, Farmington,
- Yale University
- Primarily the departments
of Computer Science, Math, Psychology,
the "Zoo" (an undergraduate computing
lab), Parallel Supercomputing, and
Applied and Theoretical Neurosciences.
Here is the local Home Page.
- University of Delaware EE/CIS joint computer network
- Welcome to the University of Delaware EE/CIS joint computer lab WWW
- University of Delaware Department of Mathematical Sciences
- Welcome to the Department of Mathematical Sciences WWW server.
Here we provide information about our department and graduate program.
Some research papers and computer based teaching material are also
District of Columbia
- U.S. Naval Research Laboratory
- Connection Machine Facility at the Naval Research Laboratory.
National Oceanographic Data Center (NODC)
- The NODC is one of the
environmental data centers operated by the U.S. National Oceanic and
Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). The NODC provides ocean data management
and ocean data services to researchers and other users in the United States
and around the world.
- U.S. Department of Education
Office of Educational Research and Improvement (OERI)
- OERI is pleased to announce a new Internet World Wide Web (WWW)
server, which provides public access to education research,
statistics, and information about the U.S. Department of Education and
Venable, Baetjer, Howard & Civiletti WWW
- The Venable law firm maintains an authorized WWW server that provides
informtion on the firm's legal services and topical legal materials,
particularly issues of concern to electronic information providers.
- Harris Corporate Headquarters
- An experimental server that contains pointers to other Harris
resources, some local current events resources, and some
- Offers Racal-Datacom product information and announcements, some good
WWW Data Communications / Networking links and files, and some
good Internet Navigation links.
- Computone Corporation
- Manufacturer of data communications hardware and software. Current product data sheets,
software release notes, and update drivers are on-line.
- COSMIC Information Services:
- NASA's COmputer Software Management and Information
Center has been located at the University of Georgia since 1966. Software
originally developed for the U.S. space program is available. Areas of
interest include: artificial intelligence, computational fluid
dynamics, finite element structural analysis, scientific visualization,
thermal and fluid flow analysis, and many more. Programs are priced on
a cost-recovery basis and usually include source code. U.S. educational
institutions are eligible for a substantial discount.
- Emory University
- Information on the University, including libraries, schools, and departments, added in
time. Academic services, such as electronic education, plus local services.
- Georgia Institute of Technology Graphics, Visualization, & Usability
- Within our database are text, movies, and images on Animation, Image Understanding,
Medical Informatics, Scientific Visualization, Software Visualization, Virtual
Environments. Plus Access to GVU Technical Reports, The GVU Users's Guide, The WWW User
Survey, and more!
- Georgia State University
- under construction in Jan 94.
- University of Georgia Botany Department.
- Work is currently being done on problems extending from molecular genetic regulatory
mechanisms to the ecology of acid rain.
- Honolulu Community College
- NASA Infrared Telescope Facility (IRTF)
- Information about the operation of the observatory, including
instruments, schedules and procedures. Documentation for instruments and
software. Source code for software tools. Forms for application for time.
Miscellaneous information and interesting pictures.
- UH College of Engineering WWW Server
- General Information about the College of Engineering at the University of
Hawaii at Manoa. Contains interactive maps of Holmes Hall, the
College Building, and a collection of user-submitted pages.
- Idaho State University
- Providing--Information about the University of Idaho: Academic catalogs
and Handbooks, class listings, descriptions of major courses of study,
faculty and staff directories, etc.
- University of Idaho WWW Server
- Information of interest to our faculty, staff, and students, as
well as information about the University, the State of Idaho, and the US
- FNAL Astro
- Support for experimental astrophysics at Fermi National Accelerator
Laboratory including Sloan Digital Sky Survery. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information for the general public on Fermi National Accelerator
Laboratory and high energy physics, the study of the fundamental particles
and forces of nature. Information for high-energy physicists and other
technical professionals in related disciplines.
- HEP Network Resource Center
at Fermilab. Runs the High Energy
Physics Information Center (HEPIC).
- The Learning Through Collaborative Visualization Project (CoVis)
- Information, papers, and project support materials from the CoVis
Project at Northwestern University. CoVis is an NSF-funded effort to
rethink science education using innovative computer-mediated communication
tools, collaboration software, and visualization tools.
- The Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy (IMSA) is the nation's only
three year, residential, public high school for students talented in
the fields of science and mathematics. It is also the state of
Illinois' reseach and development laboratory for K-12 mathematics and
science education. IMSA's WWW server is entirely student administered.
- National Center for Supercomputing
Applictions, Urbana Champain, IL,
- The Northwestern Univ. Dep. of Mathematics
This server contains information
about the department and items of
interest to its faculty and students.
- Northwestern University, Network
- Argonne National Laboratory
- This WWW server is the network gateway to Argonne National
Laboratory electronic information resources, which describe Argonne projects,
programs, and capabilities.
- Big Time Television
- An experiment in technology and culture... Big Time serves information
on the weirder
side of culture. Featured on the site is the H.P. Lovecraft Image
Gallery and a section
for experimentation with hypermedia fiction.
- The US Army Construction Engineering
Research Laboratories. They use GRASS
(Geographic Resources Analysis Support
- Argonne National Lab
- The Argonne
National Laboratory, Advanced Photon
Source, Controls and Computing Group
Information Server. They use EPICS
(Experimental Physics and Industrial
- Parallel Programming Laboratory
- Home page of the Parallel Programming Laboratory
at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. Describes current work being
done by the group, including information on the parallel programming language
it developed, Charm.
- rec.guns FAQ server
- Information pertaining to the recreational and defensive
uses of firearms, in hypertextual form. Includes image
and sound archives.
- Rob's Multimedia Lab
- The laboratory to do your multimedia
exploratory. Sponsored by the ACM at the University of Illinois,
- Univ. Of Illinois, Computer Science dept.
- University of Chicago Macintosh Laboratory World Wide Web Server
- We are currently serving information about the University of Chicago Computer
Science department, the College Research Opportunities Program, The David and
Alfred Smart Museum of Art, and the University of Chicago Philosophy Project,
a forum for the slow reading and discussion of philosophical texts.
- 461 Ocean Boulevard
- Mostly just Eric Clapton information. GIF's and JPEG's of Him, a
semi-searchable discography and listing of "rare live recordings". A FAQ
soon and lyrics soon maybe.
- Virtual MeetMarket
- The easiest way to meet someone new on the World Wide Web. Personal
ads are published for free, and can consist of a full-page of text and inlined GI
Fs. Responses from interested users are forwarded by the server to the advertiser
for a small charge.
- Indiana University
- All Indiana University Campus Servers
- Indiana University - Bloomington
Indiana University, Purdue University at Indianapolis
- Indiana University School of Law - Bloom
- Includes the Federal Commu
Law Journal and the Global
Legal Studies Journal.
- Indiana University School of
- Indiana University
Computer Science Department
- Jazz Butcher Consp
- hypermedia presentation of information about the
Jazz Butcher, an english pop group. included at this site
are loads of photos, albums scans, the complete archives
for the jbc-list mailing list, and a few audio snippets.
- Notre Dame High Energy Physics Group
- It provides some information on out high energy physics
program and our university as well as links to most of the other HEP
- Indiana University
Computer Science Department
- The Orange Room
- The Orange Room is Notre Dame's hip, underground web server for the
students to publish their own WWW pages and other unofficial content.
- University of Notre Dame
- This is the official WWW server of the University of Notre Dame, with
corporate information, administrative and academic data, and links to
the student WWW server.
- Iowa State University Entomology Department
The server contains information about faculty, graduate students, and
programs in the Entomology Department at Iowa State University in Ames. It
also provides a list of electronic resources for entomologists, an Insect
Image Gallery, and some tasty insect recipes.
- The Virtual Hospital
- A digital medical/health sciences library on the Internet
- univ. Kansas
- Campus-wide system in
- The University of Kansas Telecommunications
and Information Sciences Laboratory
(works on high speed networks, digital
signal processing, simulation of
communications systems and networks).
- Kansas State University
- Dept. of
Computing and Information Sciences
University of Kentucky, Lexington
The University of Kentucky
server covers campus information, including campus maps, class schedules,
local weather, and more.
- Louisiana State University Office
of Computing Services. (under construction
in oct 93)
- Louisiana tech
- CWIS and pointers
- Northwestern State University
- Primarily carries information relating to the university and
it operations. Early plans also include placing the University's
Nasa Affiliated Space Science group on this server.
- The Jackson Laboratory
Genetics - Research, Resources, and
Training. This server has information
of interest to the biological community.
The Advanced Laboratory Workstation Project at NIH
- An AFS-based distributed administration and computing project at the
National Institutes of Health.
- at the National Agricultural Library which
is part of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. see our
Federal Information Exchange, Inc
- FEDIX -
U.S. Federal Agency Opportunities
The Genome Data Base (GDB)
- The GDB Human Genome Data Base supports biomedical research,
clinical medicine, and professional and scientific education by
providing for the storage and dissemination of data about genes and
other DNA markers, map location, genetic disease and locus
information, and bibliographic information. (official, supported)
- Homebuyer's Fair
- American homebuyers can obtain mortgage financing before the
next jump in interest rates. Visit the
and try the
Also at the fair, you may view
house listings that include pictures and floor plans, and visit the
Homebuyer's Information Booth, where you can get the lowdown on
no money down real estate and other topics.
Imaging and Digital Arts , University of Maryland
- A graduate student run page which will include a large stash
of works in progress from the IMDA program here, many images,
sounds,quicktime movies, text and will soon include an
interactive collage for web users to direct it's subject images.
The Johns Hopkins University BioInformatics Web Server
- This server contains online hypertext databases for Biology
containing information about the molecular Sequence, 3D Structure and
classification of Proteins, mouse locus and mapping information,
educational materials about molecular genetics, hybridomas and more.
Minority On-line Information Service
- MOLIS contains information about minority institutions of higher learning
and CASHE scholarship/grant opportunities for minority students.
NASA's High Energy Astrophysics Science Archive Research Center
- Access to a vast selection of data from X-ray and Gamma-ray astronomy
missions including ROSAT, ASCA, Compton GRO, Einstein and EXOSAT. There is a
forms interface to the HEASARC database management system, which allows browsing
of various astronomical catalogs and archival datafiles. (Official WWW node of HEASARC)
The National Library of Medicine (NLM)
- The National Library of Medicine
is the world's largest library dealing
with a single scientific/professional
topic. It cares for over 4.5 million
holdings (including books, journal,
reports, manuscripts and audio-visual
- The STELAR project, part of
NASA's Astrophysics Data Facility.
Astronomical information and bibliographic
databases at NASA's Goddard Space
- Space Telescope Science Institute
Space Telescope Electronic Information System
- The University of Maryland at College
Park Department of Computer Science
has set up two servers, one run by
a faculty member
the other run by
- The University of Maryland
Institute for Advanced Computer Studies
- UMIACS provides links to faculty and staff home pages,
the Department of Computer Science Technical Reports, other Research
Projects and Papers, and
other services on campus.
- Social Security Administration
- The Social Security's
- the ADS Abstract Service
- It provides access to
currently about 160,000 Astronomy and Astrophysics abstracts with a
sophisticated searching system.
- Active Window Productions
- Active Window Productions creates print, video, and interactive
materials. Home of FINS: the Fish Information Service containing
resources about aquariums, both marine and freshwater.
- Boston University
- The official Boston University server. General information
about the University and links to college, school, and
- Boston University Department of Physics
- Most of the page is still under construction. It will eventually
include an hypertext guide to experiments at the department, and
hopefully, floorplans of our buildings with profiles of professors
- Boston University, Scientific Computing and Visualization
- includes information
on scientific computing and the computational
science groups at B.U.
- Center for Geometry Analysis Numerics and Graphics (GANG) at the University of Massachusetts Amhers
- This service will focus on
the Center's research in Differential Geometry with particular emphasis
on minimal surfaces, surfaces of constant mean curvature, surface
and knot energies, along with applications of this research to materials
science and quantum physics.
- Synergy WWW Server
- Currently my server provides a variety of links to multimedia and graphics
sources. I provide access to a large collection of GIF images, and I plan
to include other multimedia formats in the near future. I also serve
documents related to research in psychology.
- The Harvard-Smithsonian
Center for Astrophysics (CfA)
- The CfA combines the resources and research facilities of the
Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory and the Harvard College
Observatory to pursue studies in astronomy and astrophysics.
- Harvard University Physics Department
- It has mostly items of local interest, but there are pointers to a few
documents which may be useful to a wider community.
- The Hub
- The Hub is an Internet resource for mathematics and science education,
maintained by TERC on behalf of the Regional Alliance.
- Integrated Computer Solutions
- Full information about Xhibition 94
is available right now. You can use the Web to access descriptions,
schedules, and general information. Registration forms are available,
right off the Web. This information is officially representative of the company.
- Lateiner Dataspace's
- We provide information on discrete
physical simulation, volume visualization techniques, and other
three-dimensional computing technologies.
- Luthor at Harvard University
unofficial student-run server at Harvard University, is still under
construction; our resources include a directory of some other Harvard home
pages and a calendar of upcoming events (load time may be long - many pictures).
- Marine Biological Laboratory
- The server provides access to the lab's course listings,
laboratory documentation, and access to other Woods Hole-based
- The MathWorks, Inc.
- You'll find a product tour for MATLAB, SIMULINK, and
all the Application Toolboxes, information on the network services provided by The MathWorks, and much more.
Officially mandated server.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- The index to MIT servers, student/staff home pages, and other items of
- MIT Computing Support Services Consulting
- We are currently providing the OLC stock answers for frequently
asked questions about various Athena applications and hardware
including: User Accounts, Emacs, FrameMaker, LaTeX, Maple, Matlab,
Unix and more. We hope to add microcomputing answers soon.
- MIT Earth Resources Lab
- Part of the Department of Earth, Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences at
MIT, ERL provides information on research in applied geophysics.
- MIT Earth Resources Lab's nCUBE 2
- Located at MIT's Earth Resources Laboratory, this server offers
helpful utilities and information for users of nCUBE 2 parallel
- MIT Laboratory for Computer Science
- An index to pages and demos provided by research groups at the MIT
Laboratory for Computer Science.
- MIT SIPB
- Student Information processing
Board, gatewaying AFS, the Discuss
bulletin board system, the Geographic
Nameserver, US National Weather
information, Amateur Radio Callsign
- MIT AI Lab
- The MIT Artificial Intelligence Laboratory, including a
searchable index of the AI Lab publications bibliography.
- MIT Laboratory for Nuclear Science
- New England Community Internet
- New England Community Internet is a civic organization dedicated to
making Internet accessible to the public without barriers of economics
or technical expertise.
- Open Advisors Limited networking trainers and
consultants. Home of Aquanaut (SCUBA diving
forum) and Grapevine (Wine Drinker's forum).
- The Object Corps WWW Information Server
- The Object Corps is a volunteer society dedicated to the advancement
of open object oriented technologies such as NEXTSTEP/OpenStep &
- The Open Software Foundation
- The Open Software Foundation (OSF) is a not-for-profit research and
development organization whose goal is to provide a software solution
that enables computers from multiple vendors to work together in a
true, open systems computing environment. OSF uses an innovative open
process for selecting and implementing technology.
- The Open Software Foundation's Research Institute
- The Open Software Foundation's Research Institute (RI) is chartered to
accelerate the development of open systems by investigating strategic
technologies that are fundamental to their success, sharing this
research with the community, and providing guidance to OSF's
- The Tech
- "MIT's oldest and largest
- "Usenet University -- New
Network Academy" . A virtual university
project. Host may change.
- National Consortium for High
Performance Computing. The server
is operating experimentally.
- The University of Massachusetts at Amherst
- The University of Massachusetts at Amherst campus-wide World-Wide-
Web server provides access to the CWIS (campus-wide information service)
as well as other campus based WWW resources.
- University of Massachusetts at Amherst, Astronomy Department
- Astronomical research project
information, Graduate Program Brochure,
and departmental directories.
- Calvin College Web Server
- This server provides a few Calvin publications, a campus calendar,
phone book, a campus map, a Christian resource list, local
documentation, access to Calvin gopher services; and as of
late, a nice Web gateway to the King James version of the
- Center for Display Technology and Manufacturing (CDTM)
- The Center for Display Technology and Manufacturing performs
research and development on flat panel display technology. This web server
provides information on center research areas, capabilities and facilities,
and center membership.
- Classics and Mediterranean Archaeology
Department of Classical Studies,
University of Michigan
- Department of Geological Engineering, Geology, and Geophysics at Michigan Technological University
- This server provides information about the department and its
research areas, local information regarding mineral collecting,
and the very popular
- Michigan State University
See MSU Unix Computing Group's home
- Oakland University
- Oakland University
Information, and access to Oak
SimTel mirror) (unaccessible in Oct
- The Environmental Research Institute of Michigan (ERIM)
- ERIM is a private, nonprofit, high technology organization that
performs research and development and related services for its
sponsors. We have expertise in the areas of remote sensing
techniques and applications, image and signal processing, and
- The University of Michigan School of Information and
- Listings of current SILS and ILS-related information
- Army High Performance Computing
Research Center, university led research
and educational consortium.
- The Geometry Center at the University
- is pleased to announce
that it is now running a Web server.
The server contains, among other
things, the illustration from the
October 1993, Scientific American
- St. Olaf College
- University of Minnesota
- The University of Minnesota's central Web service provides access to
all online information at the U of M published through World Wide
Web and Gopher. (Offically Mandated)
- Jackson State University
- Provides information about Jackson State University;
Undergraduate and Graduate Programs, Pre-College Programs,
Research, Special Programs, Athletics, etc.
- Mississippi State University
- The Computing Center and
make general information about MSU available, including the
University course catalog and the faculty/staff directory. Archives of the
FineArt Forum electronic newsletter, the Words-L discussion group and the
National Center for Technology Planning are also available. The
Computer Science department
NSF Engineering Research Center for Computational Field Simulation
are populating their own Web servers with information specific to their
- Data Research
- Variety of reference and research
information. Several experimental databases are available including
the Library of Congress bibliographic and authority databases. Other
databases are available only by subscription.
- The Maize Genome Database project
Operated by the USDA MAize Genome
Database Project located at the University
of Missouri -- Columbia, and provides
access to Maize-related information.
Experimental in nov 93.
- The Mizzou Physics Lab SGI Cluster WWW Server
- This server gives students on the SGI Cluster the ability to publish their
own home pages, provides information about the University of
Missouri-Columbia and applications on the Silicon Graphics Cluster, and
offers access to many of the other Internet infosystems in the State of
- University of Missouri Computer Science Telecommunications Program
- MARC (USDA, ARS, Roman L. Hruska U.S. Meat Animal Research Center)
- Cattle and Swine genetic linkage maps are presented in a unique,
visual format. The user may browse chromosome and linkage maps, and click
on markers to display detailed information on several hundred microsatellite
(see a sensitive map)
- Hundred Acre Consulting
- Hundred Acre Consulting is a
general software/hardware development consulting company, specializing
in real-time embedded systems, GNU compiler internals, and support of
Free Software Foundation software. Founded in 1989, we provide
software and hardware design, development and support services to
clients wishing to supplement their existing staff, or smaller clients
who don't have the resources to do extensive development.
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- Information Science Research Institute
- Information about the Information Science Research Institute,
its research projects, personnel, publications and annual symposium.
- Department of Physics
- Contains information about the Department of Physics at UNLV.
- UNLV Home Page
Information provided by the University. This information includes
information on the various colleges, a listing of local conferences,
a local events calendar, pollution/pollen reports, and pointers
to other sources of campus information. This is also the home of
the Chimera WWW browser.
- UNLV Web Central
- The University of Nevada, Las Vegas has established a new web server.
This web server has been officially mandated by the President of the
University, and is the central location for all UNLV information.
- Dartmouth College
- AT&T Bell Laboratories
- Bibliography on computer networking
- Dan's Server at The Peddie School
- It provides A long list of starting points, and peddie news and information.
- Rutgers University INFO
- The Rutgers Campus-Wide Information
System. Information about departments, services, and
events from throughout the University.
- Astrophysics: Sloan Digital
- Los Alamos
- Physics Information Service
- Los Alamos National Laboratory.
See also the CNLS (Centre for Nonlinear
- National Solar Observatory / Sac Peak
- NSO/SP provides users telescopes for high resolution, coronal, and synoptic
research programs with a wide variety of integrated instrumentation sytems.
On line data analysis and reduction facilities are also available.
- Studio X
- The Studio X WWW Site will supply the City of Santa Fe and the
Internetted world with information concerning events, resources, culture
and the arts in Santa Fe and Northern New Mexico.
- University of New Mexico
- The University of New Mexico (UNM) server is the WWW doorway into
UNM. It provides routes into the various information resources of UNM and
- Visioneering Research Laboratories (VRL)
- in Las Cruces, New Mexico USA has
a new web server available on the web with information about VRL.
- xxx.lanl.gov physics e-Print archive
- www server for automated physics e-print archives on xxx
- AskERIC is geared towards providing information on the process of
education to the k-12 community and those interested in education.
(under construction in dec 93)
- Black Star's Photography/Graphic Arts/ Magazines
- Selected on-line versions of popular
print magaines; and information about photography
and graphic design.
- Brookhaven National Laboratory
laboratory that carries out basic
and applied research in the physical,
biomedical and environmental sciences
and in selected energy technologies.
- Columbia University Center for Telecommunications Research
- Pointers to various Columbia URLs plus random information produced for
the CTR. Still under construction in March 94. This is an officially mandated server, however only information marked
as being official should be taken as such.
- Columbia University Department of Computer Science
- Cornell University - CALS - NYSAES WWW server
- The Cornell University, Collage of Agriculture and Life Sciences, New York
State Agricultural Experiment Station WWW server provides access to
information about the Station, its Faculty and Research Programs, as well
digitized images and electronic versions of the Station's publications.
- Cornell University Department of Astronomy
- Information on graduate studies, faculty research, and summer student
programs in the Department of Astronomy at Cornell University.
- Cornell Information Technologies
(C.I.T.) Computer HelpDesk
- It contains information
on computing at cornell and the use of computers and the network in general
as well as access to several of Cornell's computer services.
- Cornell Law School
- Ithaca, New York,
USA. Contains legal information (US
Intellectual Property Statutes etc
- Cornell Theory Center
- includes links
to extensive online information system
about supercomputing architectures
- Cornell Modeling and Simulation Project
- Provides information about on-going research in numerical
Modeling and Simulation of physical systems being done at by faculty and
students in the Cornell University Department of Computer Science.
- Cornell University (CIT) STOS Information Center
- Information on Cornell Information Technologies public computer labs,
insight into life at Cornell, hyperlinks to worthless information, and
miscellaneous other fun things. (Information is unofficial)
- Computer Science House at Rochester Institute of Technology
- We are
a student run organization designed as a socio-technological commune
- Cornell Wilson Lab
- Serving information about the high-energy physics program at Wilson
Lab, CLEO collaboration preprints, and related information.
- Cornell University Engineering Library
- This web server is a home document for information about the Cornell
Engineering Library and its services. It provides information on several
electronic library projects that we are involved in. It also points to:
other Cornell University WWW servers, a guide selected by our staff to
Science and Engineering Journals and other Engineering, Computer Science,
and Geology Internet Resources, Library News - Engineering, Mathematics, &
Physical Sciences Libraries Cornell University, and the Engineering
- Commercial service which
delivers advertising and marketing information to the Internetsuch as a
Global Real Estate Guide.
We also provide public services guides such as a
Missing Kids Guide.
- State University of New York at Stony Brook
- This server provides access to
SBNEWS, Stony Brook's official campuswide information service and other
servers including the
- The SUNY/Buffalo Geography Department
You Are Here server (which takes
your hostname (or any other) and
tries to display it on the map),
and information and research exhibits
from the NSF-funded National Center
for Geographic Information and Analysis.
(under construction in nov 93)
- The Princeton Review
- Provides students with test preparation courses and extensive
information about college, graduate and professional school admissions
- U of Rochester Lancelot's W3 server
- We provide gateways to GlobalMUSH (a text based interactive virtual
environment) with a global-community theme, references to the Bible, Monty
Python scripts, some photographic materials data, work on a text-based VR environment with
images and online data, and other things.
- The Clearinghouse for Networked
Information Discovery and Retrieval
at North Carolina's MCNC.
- The Avid Explorer
- The Avid Explorer provides information on travel destinations around the
world. Featured: a focus on scuba and skiing/snowboarding; travel service
and product providers; and current information on cruises, tours, FIT's,
and vacation alternatives.
- The Duke University Department
- The primary goal of the site is to promote and advertise the Department
and its on-going research, with an extensive
multi-media exhibit in chemical physics at surfaces and geometric aspects of protein structure
- The National Climatic Data Center (NCDC)
- There is a gateway to NOAA's
WWW servers using interactive image maps, one of which is a map
of the US showing locations of the NOAA labs and the other is an
organizational chart. You can create a contour map or a time series
using an Interactive form. There are numerous published papers
online that address global warming.
- North Carolina State University
- This server contains links to NCSU administrative and academic
information. It includes an archive of
information and tools as well as an
Amateur Radio system.
- The Research Triangle Institute
- A multidisciplinary not for profit research institute in Research Triangle
Park, North Carolina, USA has a server containing information about the
Institute an the Research Triangle Park area..
- Duke University
- The official gateway to WWW and other information services
at Duke University.
- State Library of North Carolina WWW Server
- This server specializes in providing information for the
library community, state government agencies, and the
business community in North Carolina. Specialized products
include county, municipal, and statewide demographic and
economic data profiles.
- UNC General Administration WWW Server
- The UNC General Administration WWW server disseminates
information about the University of North Carolina System and provides
information about, and links to the sixteen associated UNC campuses. This is an officially mandated server for the University of North Carolina
- UNC Chapel Hill
- Includes US Politics,
Sun Freeware, Multimedia. You should
have a look at the EXPO , including
4 multimedia exhibits: Vatican ,
Soviet Archive , 1492 , Dead Sea
- UNC Institute for Transportation
Research and Education
- The subjects
covered by this server include transportation,
highways, education, geographic information
systems, ARC/INFO, satellite television,
Raleigh, and North Carolina.
- Wake Forest University
- Contains Deacons
On-Line - the campus-wide information
system - , research documents available
to the public; on-line user's guide
- , the guide to the university's
academic computing system, a Unix
- Case Western Reserve University
- All Web and Gopher servers at CWRU are accessible through this
experimental "Campus Root" server. It also includes lots of
campus information and pointers to external resources.
- Morning Star Technologies
Star Technologies makes products
for low-cost IP connectivity: SLIP,
PPP, Frame Relay, X.25. This WWW
and FTP server represents, and is
officially supported by, the company.
- NASA Lewis Research Center
- The NASA Lewis server provides information about NASA Lewis
Research Center and its ongoing projects. It contains
personnel directories, information on current research
projects, and general information about the center.
- Ohio State Marion
- information files for educators such as information and
images from our prairie reconstruction and files descriptive of our
experiments at the University Classroom of Tomorrow.
- Ohio State University
- Lots of indexed
hypertext: unix man pages (indexed),
RFCs, gateways into various things.
- Ohio State University, ElectroScience Laboratory
- Our lab just celebrated our 50th anniversary in
electromagnetics, and we are providing access to a wide range of information
about our facility, services, people and university in general. Check us out!
- Ohio Wesleyan University
- Mainly student home pages, but may eventually have
information about the university, esp. the CS department.
Run by students -- not officially mandated.
- Pettit College of Law, Ohio Northern University
- The server contains materials useful to legal pedagogy and general Law
- University of Toledo Department of Biology
- Provides links and documents of
immediate interest to the faculty and students of the department.
- Oklahoma State University Computer Science Department
- Oklahoma State University Mathematics Department
- Oklahoma State University WWW Home Page
- OSU's WWW Welcome Page provides pointers to
all WWW information at OSU, including institutional and
local information, the University Research Report, and
links to other Web servers at OSU and elsewhere.
- College of Oceanic & Atmospheric Sciences, Oregon State University
- The server provides information about the college, faculty, staff,
research projects, academic programs, NASA funded Earth Observing
System project and etc.
- Computational Intelligence Research Laboratory (CIRL)
- The University of Oregon's CIRL is a laboratory affiliated with the CS
department and doing research on basic questions in artificial intelligence:
search, knowledge representation, and reasoning. (Official)
- Oregon US. Fish and Wildlife Service orensic Laboratory
- This server
has information relating to wildlife forensics, wildlife educational materials
and wildlife laws.
- University of Oregon
- This is the official home page for the University of Oregon
- University of Oregon Physics Department
- This server contains a wide range of information and images
relevant to astronomy and environmental sciences. Departmental
information will soon appear as well.
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Links to resources of interest in the CMU community. This is officially mandated.
- The EnviroWeb
- A non-profit organization that deals with the facilitation of communication on environmental issues.
- Penn State University Department of Mathematics
- This server distributes information about the Department of
Mathematics at Pennsylvania State University: its educational
programs, its research efforts, its faculty, and its facilities. (Official)
- Penn State University, Department of Radiology
- Information and pointers to information of interest to people
working in the field of Radiology
- PSU Linux Info
- Information about Linux, a free Unix for intel 386 computers
- univ. Pennsylvania
- The U. of Pennsylvania WWW server,
links with other web servers on the Penn campus; provides gateways to
PennInfo, the University's CWIS, and to Gopher servers at Penn and
worldwide. Contains info in the fields of engineering,
educational technology services, physics, medicine, computer and
information sciences, statistics, math, virtual language, cognitive
science, and economics. We're growing, so there's more coming.
- CMU Schhol of Computer Science
- Carnegie Mellon School of Computer
- The English Server
- We offer many
texts not available elsewhere on
the Internet, primarily of interest
to humanities scholars
- Justin's Links from the Underground
- A coordinated collection of impressive information, luscious links, and
both ubiquitous and unique items on the net.
- We provide multimedia information regarding all aspects of cancer and
cancer therapy. This includes childhood and adult cancer, medical
oncology and radiation oncology. Our mission, in alliance with the
University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, is to promote cancer research,
to educate, and to care for patients with cancer.
This WWW server is officially mandated by the Radiation Oncology
Department of the University of Pennsylvania Medical Center.
- Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center
PSC's mission is to provide advanced
- Temple University SYNERGY Project
- Up-to-date information on the upcoming SYNERGY product, a
parallel distributed computing system. Estimated time of entering
public domain: summer, 1994. This server does not represent Temple University. Status: experimental
- UPenn Math
- While our primary function is to provide resources for mathematicians
and for our students, some of the tools and references we have
assembled are of general use. These include information concerning
TeX, finding e-mail addresses, use of the Web, and computer
information. During the next year we anticipate a substantial change
as the nature and quality of available material increases.
- National Astronomy and Ionosphere Center
- Information about the Arecibo Observatory facilities
and the scientific work conducted at this unique site,
home of the largest single dish radio telescope in
the world. Officially mandated
- Brown University WWW
- "Directory of WWW servers at Brown"
- Brown Univ. HEP
- The Brown High Energy
- Brown Univ. Physics
- The Brown University
Department of Physics (under construction
in oct 93)
- Department of Chemistry at the University of Rhode Island
- Information about the University of Rhode Island, the Chemistry
Department, a summary of chemistry faculty and their research, and graduate
- We have information on Rhode Island happenings, with information from
the RI Department of Education, Department of State Archives, and the
Department of State Library Services. We also have information on Florida,
both travel/hotel and restaraunt information...
- The Oak Ridge National Laboratory Environmental Sciences Division
- This server has been
established to provide the public with information about ORNL and ESD
research and develop activities. Any comments or suggestions are
welcome and appreciated.
- University of Tennessee High Energy Theory Group
- Links to Tennessee, High Energy Physics, and other resources
of interest to our theoretical physics group
- University of Tennessee, University Relations
- Current contents of this server include: Bicentennial information, Campus and Institute Information, Sculpture Tour, UT Newsmakers, UT Science Bytes, WUOT-FM.
- ARIAWeb -
American Risk and Insurance Association (ARIA)
- ARIAWeb provides information on the programs and
services offered to members and friends of ARIA, the premier
professional association of scholars and professionals in the field of
insurance and risk management.
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Biomedical Research and Educational Information. This is an
official resource of the organization.
- Energy Systems Lab - Texas
- Includes information on the Monitoring and Analysis portion of
the Texas LoanSTAR program.
- W.M. Keck Center for Genome Informatics, Institute of
Biosciences and Technology, Texas A&M University, Houston.
- Fusion Studies
- The WWW server of the Fusion Research Center, the University
of Texas at Austin. This server contains information about the fusion
research program conducted by the Fusion Research
Center and the Institute for Fusion Studies
at UT. It is a repository of physics/fusion newsletters and software,
pointers to physics information, white pages directories for fusion
labs, information for UT employees, Fusion Research Center technical
reports, and information on TEXT-U Tokamak and diagnostics.
- McDonnell Douglas Aerospace - Houston
- This server provides demonstrations, descriptions, and
points-of-contact for the engineering services and technologies
available. A "What's New ..." page keeps visitors abreast of
newly published exhibits, and a "Technology Profiles" section indexes
topics of interest by category.
- JSC is the main NASA center for the design, development, and
testing of spacecraft and associated systems for human space flight.
This includes automation and robotics, flight activities and data
systems, mechanical design and analysis, rapid development, repository
based software engineering, software technology, and space station.
- Quadralay Corporation
- Provides Company and Product Information, C++ Forum, Austin
information. Mandated and represented by Quadralay Corporation.
- RiceInfo (Rice University CWIS)
- The campus-wide information system for Rice University in
- RISKWeb provides information to academics and professionals
whose research and/or teaching interests are in Risk and Insurance.
It provides access to a substantial amount of economic and finance
information available in WWW.
- Superconducting Supercollider Laboratory.
- University of Texas at Austin
- The official Central WWW server of UT Austin. Highlights
include the General Libraries' Special Exhibitions
section and CIA Maps, the
Computation Center's UNIX
Resources page and Microlib/Mac
section, and the page on WWW for
(University of Texas, Austin - Latin American Network Information Center)
- UT-LANIC provides Latin American users with access to academic
databases and information services throughout the world and provides
Latin Americanists worldwide with access to information on and from
- University of Texas at Dallas
- UTD Campus Wide Information System. The information is
officially mandated and representative of our organization.
- University of Texas
- Health Science Center Campus Wide Information.
- University of
Texas Southwestern Medical Center - Avery Lab
- The Avery Lab at UTSW studies feeding behavior in the nematode
Caenorhabditis elegans. This server is offered as a resource to the C
elegans research community.
- UT System MISWeb
- Office of Management Information Systems
- MISWeb provides useful and current information about the
University of Texas System and its components. There are five central
areas: Financial Management, Human Resources, Investments, Students,
- Brigham Young University CS Department
- General information about the CS
department including faculty, course listings, facilities listing, an
online floorplan of the CS building, announcements, and links
to the research laboratory.
- Brigham Young University Laboratory for Applied Logic
- Provides access to our LAL tech library, and online
documentation to the HOL proof assistant, support for courses (soon), with
exercises, errata to the textbook, and FAQs online.
- The Dixie College Center of Excellence
The Center of Excellence for Computer Graphics at Dixie College is
responsible for delivering information that is unique to our area and
situation. The work in being done by students in the Computer Science
Department and by Research Assistants in the Center of Excellence for
- The University of Utah
- This is the main WWW server at the University of Utah. It provides general
information about the University of Utah and provides links to other WWW
servers at the University.
- Utah Supercomputing Institute
- We are a regional supercomputing center located in Salt Lake City,
- University of Vermont's Division of Computing and Information
- includes an electronic museum exhibit entitled Charlotte, The Vermont Whale.
- Univ. Vermont EMBA
- University of
Vermont Engineering, Maths and Business
- Virginia Tech Scholarly Communications Project
- Unix. Vermont Library is actually the Scholarly Communications Project
of University Libraries, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State
University, Virgina, USA.
- Advanced Research Corporation
- Technical reports and information on the viability of NCSA Mosaic
and NCSA HTTPD of satisfying the government dissemination requirements,
including interactive documents, multimedia, database applications,
and document conversions.
- Bridgewater College
- The Eagle's Nest provides online information about Bridgewater College,
its facilities, catalog, and calendar of events.
- ECC/TCS WWW server
- Information in general about GMU and some of the departments
here. There is also information about the Linux Operating System,
Native American Indian topics, and other general WWW topics.
- Electric Press, Inc.
- Commercial publishers and consumer advisors on the Internet.
Includes exemplary hypertext pages of traditional materials. This is the official server of Electric Press, Inc.
- NASA Langley Nonintrusive Diagnostics Branch
- Server provides a mac-based graphical map which leads to descriptions of
the organization, its personnel and its research tasks. Of particular
interest are a growing list of experimental data (images) on fluid
- NASA LaRC
- Primarily in aeronautics,
but there is some space, computing,
and life sciences
- Old Dominion University
- information about our university and the services
that it provides, especially pertaining to the Computer Science
Department. This server is officially mandated by our University.
- Project GeoSim
- Project GeoSim develops and distributes Geography
- The Queer Resources Directory (QRD)
- Information on issues pertaining to HIV/AIDS, and lesbian, gay,
bisexual, and transgendered people.
- US Geological Survey: a scientific
fact-finding and research organization,
and the principal source of scientific
and technical expertise in the earth
sciences within the Federal Government.
SUCCEED WWW Server
- General information server about the Southeastern University and
College Coalition for Engineering Education (SUCCEED). Additional links
to specific SUCCEED research projects. Blacksburg. Officially Mandated
- Virginia Tech
- Virginia Polytechnic
Institute and State University. Experimental
- VTLS, Inc.
- VTLS Inc. is a private, for-profit corporation with headquarters in Blacksburg,
Virginia. Our mission is to develop, market, and support innovative library
automation and information system products.
- Pacific Northwest Laboratory
- PNL is a multi-program national laboratory operated for the United
States Department of Energy by Battelle Memorial Institute. PNL
concentrates on research and development programs in energy,
environment, and national security. Server includes information
about PNL as a whole and specific science and technology programs.
- The American Astronomical Society
- The AAS server
contains information on the Society, meeting schedules, abstracts, a staff
directory and an HTML version of the AAS Job Register.
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
- The NOAA Home Page serves as the official entry point for users to access
information about NOAA and points to data and information resources available
within NOAA including other WWW servers. This is the official home page for all of NOAA.
- National Oceanographic Data Center (NODC)
- The NODC is one of the
environmental data centers operated by the U.S. National Oceanic and
Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). The NODC provides ocean data management
and ocean data services to researchers and other users in the United States
and around the world.
- Univ. of Washington: Physics HyperTexts:
Charm Studies, Underwater Astrophysics,
- Univ. of Washington High Energy Physics
- Home page for the High Energy
- Univ. of Washington Nuclear Physics
- Among other things, this
gives access to a hypertext version
of the 1993 Annual Report of the
UW Nuclear Physics Laboratory.
- U.S. Department of Education Office of Educational Research and Improvement (OERI)
- OERI is pleased to announce a new Internet World Wide Web (WWW)
server, which provides public access to education research,
statistics, and information about the U.S. Department of Education and
its programs. The server is open for public access starting Tuesday,
March 15, 1994. (under construction in March 94)
- Venable, Baetjer, Howard & Civiletti WWW
- The Venable law firm maintains an authorized WWW server that provides
informtion on the firm's legal services and topical legal materials,
particularly issues of concern to electronic information providers.
- "Strange Interactions" -- Art Work by John Jacobsen
- "Strange Interactions" is an Internet art show of paintings,
drawings and prints by John E. Jacobsen.
- Synchrotron Radiation Center (SRC), University of Wisconsin-Madison
- This server provides information about the SRC for users,
potential users, and the general public. This is the official SRC WWW server.
- University of Wisconsin Computer Sciences Department
- Information about the Computer Sciences Department:
research projects, courses, technical reports, admissions, etc.
- Hebrew University of Jerusalem
service - both in hebrew and English,
asssumes a VT terminal with hebrew
characters. See also their TeX database
- Australian National Botanic Gardens
Biodiversity, australian plants.
( Catalogue )
- ANU Bioinformatics
- Research School
of Biological Sciences & Centre for
Information Science Research at the
Australian National University. BioInformatics
- CoombsQuest (Social Sciences & Humanities Inf. Fac.) at ANU
- Run by the Coombs Computing Unit, for the Research Schools of Social Sciences
& Pacific and Asian Studies, Australian National University.
This server keeps track of leading information facilities of value and/or
significance to researchers in the field of social sciences and humanities
(including the Coombspapers archives).
- the Australian Environmental
Resources Information Network
- Monash VIFP
- Victorian Institute of
- Mt Stromlow Observatory
- Mount Stromlow
and Siding Spring Observatory
- The National Library of Australia
- University of Sydney
Basser Department of Computer Science (information about the department and its current research);
The Written Web (Communication rather than
purely information technology)
- IHEP/China Home Page
See Japan's geography, or list of servers in Japanese
- Chiba Univ.
- Ikeda Lab., Chiba University, Chiba, Japan.
Serving Information on
International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC),
International Commission on Illumination (CIE),
Graphical Symbols standardized in IEC Publication 417; and
color paintings with background music, etc.
- Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan.
Information about Hokkaido(in Japanese) and
Information about Sapporo city(in English)
- Internet Initiative Japan Inc., Tokyo, Japan.
- Keio Univ.
- The Faculty of Science and
Technology (Yagami Campus) and
Shonan Fujisawa Campus
have their own home page. These home pages have pointers to
other WWW servers located in each campus.
- KEK National Laboratory for High Energy Physics, Tsukuba, Japan.
- Nara Institute of Science and Technology, Nara, Japan.
It's named "SHiKA" .
It has Campus-information, Kansai-area Informaion and so on.
- National Cancer Center, Tokyo, Japan.
- Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation, Tokyo, Japan.
Serving Japanese Information corner of the web,
NTT What's New for New information
of the web, etc.
- Univ. of Tokyo
- University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan.WWW server for the
at the Department of Information Science, University of Tokyo.
- Dept. of Computer Science, Ube College.
- Univ. of Tsukuba
Institute of Mathematics
Science Information Processing Center
This server provides general information of the university
and entry points links to various servers installed on the
- SunSITE Japan
- The SunSITE Japan Project is managed by the Information Processing
Center, Science University of Tokyo in collaboration with Nihon Sun
- Osaka Univ.
- Osaka University, Osaka, Japan.
Department of Applied Molecular Science (SOUKAN), IMS.
- Department of Applied Molecular Science
Institute for Molecular Science (IMS),
Research Institutes. Myodaiji, Okazaki 444, Japan.
Computer Center Institute for Molecular Science (CCIMS)
- Computer Center Institute for Molecular Science (CCIMS),
Research Institutes. Myodaiji, Okazaki 444, Japan.
- Meiji Univ.
- Meiji University. Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan.
- Osaka Medical College
- Osaka Medical College Medical Computation Center, Osaka, Japan.
- Nanzan University, Nagoya, Japan has just lunched two httpd servers
in March, 1994, and is going to provide local information such as
faculties, staffs, and students from a central server.
In Dept. of Information Systems and Quantitative Sciences,
introduction of each lab's members and research interests from one of
WWW servers located in the classrooms. Also information on local cities,
hobbies, and verious interesting information will be added in the near
future. Stay tuned.
- Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan.
- Tokai Internetwork Council, Nagoya, Japan.
- Wakayama University, Wakayama, Japan.
- Industrial Technology Center of Wakayama Prefecture (WINTEC), Wakayama, Japan.
Kyushu Sangyo University
- Kyushu Sangyo University, Fukuoka, Japan.
- WWW server is run by Department of Information Science, Kochi University
(Akebono-cho, Kochi), which is a new department established in 1990.
We have a collection of images on the Earth's environment and
We also serve GMS (Himawari) images for Chugoku/Shikoku area.
- The Institute of Physical and Chemical Research
Hirosawa, Wako, Japan
- The University of Electro Communications. Tokyo , Japan.
We have the whois server for all staff.j
- Universiti Sains Malaysia, Penang
- Server provides information about the University (general
information, academic programmes, research, etc) and also information
about Penang (for tourists who intend to come to Penang; includes maps,
- International Centre for Antarctic Information and Research (ICAIR)
- The server contains annual programme reports for several
nations outlining current projects and activities on the ice,
information on Ozone depletion over Antarctica, and links to
other Antarctic related Internet services.
- University of Waikato
- THE UNIVERSITY OF WAIKATO -
TE WHARE WANANGA O WAIKATO
- Victoria Univ. of Wellington
- Panui, the Campus Wide Information System.
- National University of Singapore
- BioWWW server. information
available from the National University
of Singapore, Singapore Technology
Network TECHNET, and the Biocomputing
Interest Group BIG.
- Singapore Technology Network.
Singapore's Island Wide Research
and Development Network is set up
by National Science and Technology
Board of Singapore (NSTB) and managed
by National University of Singapore
- Singapore National Computer Board
- (unaccessible in oct 93)
- Tung Nan Junior College of Technology...Home page.
- From "Bao Dao" --- Treasure island.This is the TNJC campus-wide hypermedia information service.
Serving information and most links on Taiwan Academic NETwork(TANet).
To read/write Chinese characters, there is Chinese-BIG5 FAQ.
- National Taichung Institute of Commerce
- Experimental in March 94
- Chulalongkorn University
- The official information about
Chulalongkorn University as well as another higher education and
research in Thailand including study programs and academic activities.
- The National Electronics and
Computer Technology Center. General
information about Thailand
- Argentina's Top-Level Domain
- gopher/http server providing searches to the nodes connected
to ARNET, and pointers to other servers such as UN and servers
offering topics related to politics and economics.
- RNP - Rede Nacional de Pesquisa
- Central WWW server of RNP. Provides information about Internet in Brazil
and has links to most WWW, Gopher and FTP servers in the country.
- RNP - CR/DF - Centro
Regional de Brasilia
- Regional WWW server of RNP in Brasilia (capital). Information
about Bioinformatics, Sustainable Development and Mercosul.
- RNP - CR/SP - Centro
Regional de Sao Paulo
- Regional WWW server of RNP in Sao Paulo, SP.
- BDT - Base de Dados Tropical
- (Tropical Data Base - BDT) provides information of interest to
Biotechnology and Biodiversity including Brazilian Directories, Brazilian
Patents and the Biodiversity Information Network (BIN21) Home Page.
- INPE - Instituto Nacional de Pesquisas
- (National Institute for Space Research - INPE) is a Brazilian government
organization dedicated to space science and technology and Earth observation.
- UFSC - Department
of Informatics, Federal University of Santa Catarina
- Provides an index to all Brazilian Network Services,
a World Index by Continent (graphic).
Also includes information about the Department of Informatics.
- UFRJ - COPPE -
Coordenacao de Programas de Pos-Graduacao em Engenharia
- Information in english about UFRJ's engineering graduate school and
(see sensitive map)
University of Chile, Computer Science Department (DCC)
- Official information of the DCC (Departamento de Ciencia de la
Computación) and unofficial info of the country. Also has connection
servers in Chile.
REUNA, Red Universitaria Nacional
Information about the chilean Internet Connection.
Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, Escuela de Ingeniería
- Information about Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile,
Escuela de Ingeniería.
Universidad de Concepción
Information about University of Concepción.
- Universidad San Francisco de Quito
- Informacisn sobre la Universidad, Catalogo, Noticias, Conexisn a otros ser
y utilitarios. Informacisn sobre el Ecuador.
Information about the University, Catalogue, News, Conection to others ser
and utilities. Information about Ecuador.
- Red Cientifica Peruana
- The Peru Republic WWW contains information about our country,
institutions as general information and services provided by
our network in our country. Also contains general information,
and images about our ancient past and turism present. (officially mandated and representative)
Restricted or difficult access
- The sunsite repository being set
up bu UNC Chapel Hill. (Experimental).
- Xerox PARC
- Private: Access from Xerox.com
only. System33 document server.
- CIS Informationsdienst
- The information
service from the Centrum fuer Informations
und Sprachverarbeitung von Muenchen
(don't panic: they also have it in
English !) Experimental, very slow
line :-(. Times out.
- OMT group
- Private web.
- FNAL DAQ
- not public - Jon Streets